A lot of business owners do not want to feature in their promotional content. This is especially the case if their business is not necessarily customer-facing and does not require them to get in front of large crowds a lot. While you may not think you have the skills to be in front of the camera, it is important to recognise that you are your business’ best asset. Your character forms your company’s character. You are the reason your business has gotten this far. Who better to represent your brand in your corporate films? Putting yourself out there in business can definitely reap dividends.
Why should you feature in your business videos?
Well, put yourself in the position of the buyer. If you were looking for a specific B2B service, and you were able to see the person who you were buying from and hear what they had to say, you would feel more comfortable about purchasing from them, right? People buy from people, so getting your personality across can make a massive difference in the success of your video marketing campaign.
How to get rid of your nerves
The main reason why people do not want to feature in a business video and their content marketing is that they feel nervous and self-conscious about doing so. However, there are a number of things you can do to calm your nerves before creating video content. This includes:
- Be prepared – By having a script prepared, and by taking the time to read it and get familiar with it, you will feel much more confident in front of the camera. Practice what you are going to say in front of a mirror. If you are feeling self-conscious, treat yourself to a makeover or a trip to the dentist beforehand to get your self-esteem up.
- Minimise the anticipation – Often, the build-up to being on camera is worse than actually being on camera. Don’t wait around all day before you’re going to film the video. Keep yourself busy with other tasks so you don’t stress out.
- Talk slowly – By talking slowly and clearly, you will appear more confident, and this will make you more confident.
- Be yourself – You’re not auditioning for a role in a Hollywood blockbuster. You just need to be yourself. This is what makes your company so great to begin with.
- Do breathing exercises – Simple breathing exercises, such as simply breathing in and out slowly, can make a massive difference in helping you to calm down beforehand.
Working with a professional corporate production company makes all of the difference
With a little bit of coaching and by working with a good videography production company to help you present yourself, you’ll have everything you need to see the benefit. Don’t be scared to put yourself out there. Confidence in business is so important. You will be surprised by how much of a difference this can make to the success of your marketing videos.
This is a contributed post.