As the springtime rolls in we crave brighter and fresher spaces. When we’ve been through months of rain, snow, cold weather and wind the last thing we want is a house to reflect it. Preparing your house for spring is more important now than ever before given how close we are to the spring months beginning.
Easter is on the horizon, the warm weather is starting to roll in, and it’s time to get in touch with those HVAC service companies so that you can make sure that your house is as comfortable as possible. Spring is the best time to deep clean the house, reduce all of the clutter and get something ready for the family for the rest of the year. They don’t call it spring cleaning for nothing, you know. Below, we’ve put together a big list of what you could be getting done right now to get your home ready for the season ahead.
- Get the deep cleaning done. Spring cleaning is the opportunity to look over the areas that you would often overlook on a daily basis. When was the last time you dusted the corners for cobwebs or you wiped down the skirting boards? Your baseboards need attention, and if you are not giving it the right attention your home is going to suffer as a result. Not only will you stride into spring with a clear home, you’ll have a better and clearer mind and feel ready for anything. The spring time is the time to dedicate yourself to a clear out so take it room by room or even appliance by appliance if necessary. Where you can, include window frames and the insides of your door frame because these will need a wipe down at least once.
- Go through the closets. Decluttering the closet is such a good idea for the springtime. Not only will you feel more refreshed, your home will feel emptier and you could even sell anything you haven’t been using. This one is a total winner because even the clothes that you have could be sold on and you can earn some cash to replace them. There’s no use in hanging on to things that you no longer need or wear because all it does is create more mess that you are trying to avoid. You need your home to be clear for the springtime, so make sure that you are looking at how you can ensure that you do that. Going through the closets step by step will help you to clear out the space and probably find some prime real estate you didn’t realize you had.
- Clear out beneath your sinks. When was the last time you got under the kitchen sink for the bathroom sink? Start by taking everything out and pop them into the sink above the cupboard. Then clean out the cupboard with soapy warm water and dry it thoroughly. Once the inside space is totally clean you can sort through the items that were in the cupboard and bin anything that may have passed its expiry date. We are all terrible with storing surplus cleaning products we don’t necessarily use or need. Removing everything from an overflowing cupboard and sorting through it can help you to consolidate what you have and stop you from buying new bleach on your weekly shop.
- Clean out your desk. If you’ve been embracing working from home then it’s time to clear out your office or desk space. There’s never been a better time to refresh the space and Polish the furniture than it is right now. You can shop so many different stylish and space saving options for your office, but really you just need to grab the handheld Hoover and get under there!
- Clean out the fridge and freezer. The freezer, whether you have one or two in your home, can burn through your money when they are overly frosted. If it’s been awhile since you defrost your freezer then now is the time to go for it and start clearing out. You also need to clear out any old food that’s been frozen for awhile, and update it with new cleaning products. It’s also a good time to do some batch cooking and refill those freezers so that you have enough food.
- giving you a living space is a lick of paint. If we’re talking about refreshing for spring, why don’t you try upgrading your actual space? a brand new colour can really do the job and they can make your home really stand out. If you haven’t had an upgrade to your paint job for awhile, it’s time to strip back the wallpaper and ensure that the room is going to be refreshed and bright for spring.
- Add some flowers. Spring is coming. What is spring without flowers? If anything, adorning your home with the right floral arrangements will make you smile and it will also help you to enhance the space in general. You could even buy a spring wreath for your front door and choose seasonal blooms to really brighten your front and back gardens as well as the interior of your home. Spring isn’t just about cleaning and clearing space. It’s about giving your home a new look. I’m really embracing nature. Spring is the season for fresh flowers, fresh greenery and new growth, so get the bars out and washed in preparation. Once the fall is over you can get the plant food out and the flowers ready to go. Don’t forget to keep the stems short so that the focus is on the bloom.
- Get the garden ready. If you want to embrace everything that spring has to offer, get the garden ready to entertain your friends and family. Mow the lawns and de-weed the flowerbeds and give all of your garden furniture a scrub down.
This is a contributed post.